Thursday 4 October 2007

Mooncakes

I am kinda bored with my job at the moment, so i decided to drop by my delicious blog.

However, i am running out of food to introduce as yesterday i had some hawker food at Pudu but i forgotten to capture the photos... aarggh too greedy!!

So i decided to talk about Mooncakes , i know is kinda outdated, but i still want to talk about it!

Mooncakes.... picture grab from Fook Pan's website


First, there are some mini moon cakes my company got from Equatorial Hotel.

Equatorial Hotel Mini moon cakes

There 18 mini mooncakes in each box. Where there are 3 types of flavour ; Lotus paste, Low sugar lotus paste and chocolate. 6 mini moon cakes for each flavour.


I had tasted all 3 flavour. I persoanally feel that the mooncakes taste wasn't that good. I think there are more better taste than this one. The best among the 3 flavour will be low sugar lotus. It is not very sweet and still maintain the lotus taste. The chocolate flavour is one of the worst. As i am a chocolate lover, i have a very high expectation for chocolate!! This chocolate mooncakes had disappointed me :(

Fook Pan's Mooncakes

My recomendation for chocolate flavour mooncake will be Fook Pan. Fook Pan is the original chocolate and butter mooncakes baker. Their bakeries 'factory' is situated along Jln Ipoh (Caltex petrol station). They do not sell thier product at shoipping center , pasar malam or herbal shop like the other brand. But they do sell thier product in some chinese vegetarian restaurant at taipan and petaling jaya. Therefore there will be no discount for those purchase there. They also practise 'direct selling' where u can purchase thier product from thier factory. That is also one of the reason why thier products are fresh and they give discount to customers.

Anyway, my favourite mooncakes is the 'Ng Yan' flavour. The fillings of this mooncake consists of almond nuts, sunflower seed, sugar winter melon and lots of other nuts!!

I really love eating it.. However, many people always laugh on me when i said i love this mooncake. Especially my sisters, Jaime and Emily. They often commented that this mooncake is for old people!!..
Anyway i don't care ... i still enjoy eating it!

OK enought of mooncakes...
Overall rating:
  • Food : 4.5 /10 (Equatorial Hotel). 8/10 (Fook Pan)

No comments: