Wednesday 12 March 2008

I am BACK!!!

Wow its been quite some times i update my delicious BLOG already
Been busy with my works, own stuff and of cause i have to admit that I was a bit lazy too.

Anyway, today i will start my blog with something simple..
On December last year, i was introduced by Jaime and Alvin to a new Pan Mee place at Kota Damansara.


The menu of the Restaurant

The Pan Mee restaurant is called Traditional Recipe Restaurant.
I ordered their 'Chief Recommendations' dish which is called Special Hand Make Teared Noddles
While Kit ordered Dry Wanton Noddle with pork knuckle and chicken feet (legs?).
Then we order a Chicken Floss Roll( Char leung) for sharing .


Each a drink ; Ice Honey Lemon for me and Hot Chrysanthemum Tea for Kit


My Special Hand Make Teared Noddle is actually the normal 'Min Fun Kui' where they used their hand to tear the 'flour' and cooked it. However some of the 'Min Fun Kui' dough was mix with 'celery'. Therefore my bowl of 'Min Fun Kui' is a mixture of 'normal dough' which is in white colour and 'celery dough' which is in green colour.


Special Hand Make Teared Noddle (with Fu Chok and chillies)
sigh..my N95 camera isn't very good in taking 'soupy food'

I am not a fan of celery but to my surprise this dough doesn't have a 'great' smell of the celery. So, i can accept this 'Traditional Recipe' from this restaurant.
The Restaurant is very generous with its side dishes. The bowl of 'Min Fun Kui' consists a lot of minced pork, anchovies, vegetables and mushrooms. They also served crispy fried bean curb skin (fu chok) together with the Min Fun Kui. As advised from Alvin, u can ask them to separate the Fu chok from the 'Min Fun Kui' so that it won't be soften by the soup and remain its crispy.
Overall i enjoy eating the noddle as it wasn't too salty and it is served with very good 'chilies'.


Dry Wanton Noddle with pork knuckle and chicken feet

On the other hand, Kit mention that his Dry Wanton Noddle with pork knuckle and chicken feet (legs?) wasn't as good he expected. He wasn't very satisfy with it. (too bad..)I didn't get to taste the noddle as I was too busy eating my bowl of 'Min Fun Kui'. But from the outlook of it, it certainly looks good.


Chicken Floss Roll( Char leung)

While the Char Leung tasted quite good as the 'Yau Char Guai' is still crispy and there is a lot of Chicken Floss inside it. I ate most of it. :)

Both the drink tasted normal nothing special about it.


Overall rating:
Environment : 6.5/10 (the restaurant is air conditioned)
Food : 6/10
Service : 6/10
Price : around RM25-27 for 2 person (2 bowl /plate of noodle, 2 drinks and 1 side order)

No comments: